Saturday 11 February 2017

Nail Challenge Collaborative presents: A New Beginning - Green Drip Marble


Hi all!

This month's theme is A New Beginning. You'll see lots of different interpretatons of this theme this month from everyone. For me today it means a new nail art technique: drip marble. One of the queens of normal water marbles is Colette from My Simple Little Pleasures. Quite a while ago she created the drip marble. A marbleing technique without using water! You can see her original tutorial here! It was one of those things I still wanted to try. And I did recently! I absolutely love it.


Polishes:
  • Catrice - 10 I'm Not A Greenager
  • Lucky 13 Lacquer - Stone of Space
  • Lucky 13 Lacquer - Pretty Like Poison
  • Lucky 13 Lacquer - Elemental Ward


I started by creating drip marble decals on a yoghurt lid just like in Colette's tutorial. I let them dry for about 5 hours or so before I used them. They were still very flexible and they just stuck onto my base coat without any hassle. I sealed them in with Elemental Ward.


No nail is the same, which is part of the charm. Also fun fact: Stone of Space (the green glitter) is glow in the dark.


I really enjoy this new technique! Ordinary water marbles are usually a big fail, I just can't get them to work. This however was easy! Have you tried this technique before? Do you like it?

Love, Brethil.

More new beginning inspired nails down here!

2 comments: