Sunday 31 May 2015

The Nail Challenge Collaborative presents: Spring Flowers - Vintage Peach


Hi all!

I saved the best for last, at least I think so! I was inspired by this Vintage Peach image from Jane Farnham Designs (love her designs!). 


From left to right:
  • Barry M - Gelly - GNP28 Coconut
  • Barry M - Gelly - GNP10 Lychee
  • Catrice - LE Candy Shock - C03 Bring Me Peach
  • China Glaze - 625 For Audrey
  • Lucky 13 Lacquer - Dark Matter
  • Essence - gel polish base coat
  • Essence - gel polish top coat


My base is two coats of Coconut. Using my Born Pretty Store #18519 brush and Dark Matter I added the flower stems and leaf outlines. With my largest dotting tool I applied a big Bring Me Peach dot at the end of the stem and a For Audrey one on the side stem with a smaller dotting tool. I added other details with my brush. I ended with some random placed (and sized) dots with Lychee to finish it off. As you can see they're quite different in colour. I finished with a coat of the "gel" polish top coat (carefully so I would not smear my design).



As you can see, my lines are not perfect, but using only polish this is the best I can do.



Bonus Cinderella hand pic! I managed some flowers on my right hand as well, but I left it at one flower per nail (except the thumb).


I loved wearing this mani, and I did for about 5 days or so. Before I started using my current base coat, I'd lose the polish on my index fingers after a day or two. And with lose, I mean it went off in one sheet, often actually lost before I noticed. Just those two nails. Other nails would just chip, or bigger pieces would come off. It did not matter if I used a basic Essence base coat or G&G Stuck on Blu. My current Essence gel polish base coat makes my mani's stay put for so much longer without chipping. In combination with the Essence gel polish top coat or L13L Elemental Ward, it does not really make much difference. Even though it says gel polish base coat, it is not a gel polish, it does not need a lamp to cure, it just dries normally like any other polish. But I love it! Bonus is it's not too expensive either. Nowadays when I don't have too much time to do my nails I do tend to leave it on for 5 days and still have it look good.

*hugs*
Brethil

The last florals:

1 comment: