Sunday 29 March 2015

The Nail Challenge Collaborative presents: Fashion - Finders Keepers & 52WPNMC - Mosaic + Pink & Orange


Hi all!

Today's mani is for two challenges, I'm trying to get into them more, time permitting of course. Inspiration comes from this dress here. It's by an Australian label called Finders Keepers. It's a mosaicy dress, very geometric. And loving the colours! This week's 52 Week Pick N Mix Challenge just fits perfectly!


From left to right:
  • Sinful Colors - 101 Snow Me White
  • Maybelline - Bleached Neons - 241 Sun Flare
  • Maybelline - Bleached Neons - 242 Coral Heat
  • China Glaze - 1148 Tart-y For The Party
  • NYC - 325 Raindrop
  • Lucky 13 Lacquer - Elemental Ward


I started out with a white base on all nails. After it dried I applied red striping tape on some nails and filled out the geometric shapes with the polishes. I diluted both Sun Flare and Coral Heat with white to create a more pastel shade to compliment it. When I removed the striping tape some colour left behind, which annoys me so much. I have banished the red striping tape *nods*.
I applied two coats of Sun Flare on my little fingernail and a diluted version of Sun Flare on my index fingernail (I mixed it with white and applied it with a flat nail art brush). I ended with a coat of Elemental Ward.



More evidence that I used red striping tape... so annoying.



I did love wearing this despite the striping tape residue. The colours are just perfect for spring!

More Fashion



More mosaic/pink/orange

3 comments: