Wednesday 5 November 2014

52WPNMC - 3 Shades of Blue


Hi all!

Today I have my second mani for this week's 52WPNMC, featuring 3 shades of blue (and a silver). The blues are also different types of polishes, there's a creme, a shimmer (very subtle) and a holo fleck polish.


The blues:
  • Sally Hansen - 4860-33 Pacific Blue (old version)
  • Catrice - LE Hip Trip - C01 Blue Highway
  • L.A. Girl - 3D Effects - GNL306 Brilliant Blue
  • OPI - NL G30 Push and Shove


On all nails except my middle finger I started with two coats of Pacific Blue, the middle finger has two coats of Brilliant Blue. I top coated them with G&G HK Girl top coat and let it all dry thoroughly. I cut some triangle pieces of medical tape (Leukopor is the brand I have, but if you search for hypoallergenic paper tape you will find similar tapes from other brands) to stick onto my nails instead of ordinary tape. I read this tip on PiggieLuv's blog a while ago, she used it around her nails with a gradient here. It is a lot more pliable than painter's tape for example (also great for other messy techniques like splatter nails or watermarbles). But it also works to block a section on your nail as well, even if the tape is porous (for useage on skin), the polishes did not bleed through it. I did remove the pieces as soon as I was done adding the other polishes, so it did not have a lot of time on my nails. It removed easily, no residue and with straight lines. Because I felt something was missing, I freehanded some silver border stripes with a striping brush and Push and Shove. I top coated it all when it was dry.



I really like how my thumb turned out, especially the section with Brilliant Blue, love those holo flecks!



I wore these last Sunday (and Monday) for my mum's birthday dinner. Like a proper Dwarf we had dinner at De Pelgrim, Rotterdam's only brewery. They brew some great beers and ales, I really loved their Dubbelbok (autumn special beer), sweet and heavy at 9%. Nice place to visit if you're into real beer (not the tasteless pilsner stuff) and if you're in Rotterdam. Hubby and I also bought a bottle of Dubbelbok to come home with us for another time.

More domestic animals and blues down here!

8 comments:

  1. Awesome all blue manicure this is! Love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These turned out awesome! I love the silver accent - so wintry! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think the silver makes the blues stand out more

      Delete
  3. They're so pretty! I love the mixture of finishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It wasn't even intentional, just looked for a few blues that would go together nicely

      Delete
  4. wow this looks so lovely!
    Keep on sharing these amazing posts with us <3
    Love!
    Julia

    ReplyDelete