Tuesday 28 October 2014

The Nail Challenge Collaborative presents: Stripes - Subtle plaid stamping


Hi all!

Today I've got the last mani of this month's theme for you, and it's plaid again. This time I stamped the plaid pattern, unlike the previous mani's this month. Let me tell you, stamping plaid is hard. I'd rather do it freehand, honestly.


The mossy greens:
  • Essence - 139 Walk on the wild side
  • Digital Color Cream - F22

I also used a Vivid Lacquer stamping plate, VL015.



I started out with 3 coats of Walk on the wild side, which is a gorgeous polish, just a bit sheer. Then the hard part... stamping. The image has a lot of very fine lines and big patches that need to be covered in polish at the same time. So you have to scrape the polish over the image just right. Harder even is to align it on your nails. I think I succeeded there, but still I managed to warp some lines while transferring the image. I practice on my cinderella hand, so those images are not straight at all. Because the image covers so much of the base polish, I left my middle and little finger plain. I still wanted to be able to enjoy the pretty shimmer *winks*. When it was dry I added a coat of G&G HK Girl top coat.



In my thumb close up you can see the fine lines this stamping image has, they transferred nicely.



From a distance you can't see my stamping, it's subtle, but I like it, matches my mossy green sweater. Next month we'll be doing four mani's inspired by books! I better start thinking about them!

More stripes from the other ladies down here!

4 comments:

  1. What a pretty plaid design you got with the stamping. I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It reminds me of a warm fuzzy set of pj's ;)

      Delete
  2. This look awesome!! They remind me of a big, fuzzy sweater<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big, fuzzy and warm is just what I was aiming for!

      Delete