Monday 15 September 2014

31DC 2.0 - Black and White


Hi all!

I'll keep it short today, I thought I'd try watermarbling again today. But for the life of me, I couldn't get a bullseye bigger than a nail. I tried different black and white polishes, but no luck. Guess they're just not the right ones or too old or whatever. So... what do you then? Dry marbling, decal method. Looks nice as well, less tricky, less clean-up, more waiting time.


My polishes:
  • Sinful Colors - 101 Snow Me White
  • W7 - 28 Black
  • Essence - Sparkle Sand Effect - 165 Here's My Number 
 

Black base on all nails, Here's my number over black on my ring fingernail. The other nails have decals. To create the decals I started with a clear coat (top coat) on a plastic bag (sturdier zip lock kind). Then I added one coat of white and while it was still wet I added thin lines of black and white next to each other. I used a super thin nail art brush to pull through the wet coats. I found a tutorial for you here. Then I let it dry. This is important, if you don't wait long enough your decal won't come off the plastic bag in one piece. I cut thin strips of my decal and placed them on my nails. If your decal is thin and not too dry it will stick to your nail (otherwise just stick it to a tacky base). Any excess decal on either end was cut off  and I used nail polish remover to "melt" the rest away. Top coat and done. I find it easier to apply a decal piece than a full nail decal, but it all depends on the thickness of it.



On my thumb you see the first decal I cut... not precise enough, but that one was not dry enough and thus hard to work with *winks*.



Even if this mani was completely different from what I had planned to do, I'm still happy as it looks fun anyway!

*hugs*

Brethil

2 comments:

  1. Black and white always looks super chic and elegant, and I absolutely love the mixed effect of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, black and white does look great together, I'm glad you liked today's mani!

      Delete