Thursday 28 August 2014

Golden Oldie Thursday - Purple


Hi all!

As you know, I love purples, so it wasn't that difficult to find some "oldies". Most of my older purples are very dark and vampy though. I had seen this pattern by Helen Dardik though (totally Marisa of Hey, Darling Polish's fault of pointing me to her blog) and it required some less vampy colours as well. KIKO came to the rescue, they were bought in July 2013 and therefore over a year old, yay!


The polishes:
  • KIKO - 331 Violet
  • KIKO - 378 - Light Plum
  • Miss Helen - 187
  • W7 - 28 Black
  • Sinful Colors - 101 Snow Me White


My base is two coats of the dark purple. I mixed it with black to create an even darker purple to add dots all over my nails. It's not that obvious though *looks sad*. With a nail art brush I added the kitty heads with Violet and Light Plum. Eyes were done with Snow Me White and the dark purple, cheek dots with Violet mixed with white. I top coated after at least half an hour, but the dark purple still decided to bleed a little *grumbles*.



I have no idea why these kitty heads look blueish. I blame Blogger, the photos look fine in any other viewing programme, but for some reason it is blue in here.



It was fun doing these nails, such cuteness and yet not sweet.

More purple oldies down here!

8 comments:

  1. These kittens are so cute! Great freehand work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. They are indeed cute, love the pattern by Helen Dardik! Am happy I was able to create them on my nails :)

      Delete
  2. The purple shades are very pretty, but the cute kitties takes away the spotlight! Love the outcome of this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cute kitties always take the spotlight, and they should *winks*. Glad you like them!

      Delete
  3. These are adorable!! Aren't her patterns the best?! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, I have pinned several of Helen Dardik's patterns so far ;)

      Delete
  4. This is so so so cute!! I wish I could freehand like you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just have to start doing it! It's the only way you'll improve!

      Delete