Sunday 24 August 2014

FingerFood's Theme Buffet - inspired by music - Sia & 1000 Forms of fear


Hi all!

This week we post our 'inspired by music' manis... well I have been absolutely addicted to Sia's voice lately. Of course I have heard songs of one of her many collaborations (Titanium, She Wolf, Wild Ones) on the radio, and I always loved her voice. I have a thing for voices, some just strike a chord with me and I get infatuated. A while ago I saw her video for Chandelier and I have been replaying it a lot. Her entire new album called "1000 Forms of Fear" is amazing. Now I normally always buy cd's, but I can't afford to buy this album right now (I will absolutely buy it once I can afford it), and I did find her entire album on youtube to listen to on repeat... As well as some previous albums.

Long intro short... my mani today is inspired by the album cover of 1000 Forms of Fear. For this album Sia decided not to use her face for promotion and is using a blonde bob as her trademark instead. Hence she will not appear in her own videos nor will she perform with her face facing any crowd.


The polishes I used:
  • W7 - 28 Black
  • Essence - LE Love Letters - 05 Inkheart
  • Sinful Colors - 101 Snow Me White
  • Catrice - LE NEONaturals - C05 Have A Good Day
  • Catrice - LE Candy Shock - C04 Vanilla Love


I started with a black base. Using a piece of sponge, I dabbed some Inkheart over it to give it more depth like in the actual album cover. With a nail art brush I added the blonde wig with white and then used some grey and yellow to accent it. I also added the title of the album on my thumb and the artist's name on my index finger. As always I topcoated it with G&G HK Girl.





I hope you've enjoyed this, I liked doing something completely different, as always!

And the video Chandelier for your viewing pleasure. Great dancing by Maddie Ziegler in the blonde bob.



For more nail art inspired by music, check the others down here!

No comments:

Post a Comment