Tuesday 6 May 2014

Tri Polish Tuesdays - May - The London Eye


Hi all!

We have a new month for the Tri Polish Tuesdays, which means... new colours. Yay! Or... well... the colours are Purple, Red and Green. Not colours you'd normally use together a lot. So today's mani will be different. Especially since I chose to combine it with the 10K IG challenge by MoYou London. The theme for May 6th is London.


My purple, red and green for this week:
  • Catrice - Crushed Crystals - 02 PLUMdogMillionaire
  • NYC - 041 Live Hard
  • NYC - 014 Magic Earth

And I used 2 MoYou London plates as well, you can find them on their website here and here.




My base is 2 coats of PLUMdogMillionaire, which is a purple textured polish enriched with magenta and blueish shimmer. It does not dry to a very textured finish in my opinion, unlike other textured polishes I own. So if you like the colour, but not the texture, it's easily smoothened out.

What I tried to create is the London Eye, which is a huge ferris wheel. Lots of pictures show it with a tree-sided lane leading up to it, like this one. So that is what I tried to recreate here using one of the carriage wheels from Fairytale 05 and the trees from Mother Nature (Landscape) 03. I stamped the wheel with Magic Earth and added the red dots and other details with Live hard. The trees I stamped with Live hard first (it does not cover that well over the dark base) and then again with Magic Earth. I top coated with G&G HK Girl.




Even if this is a bit different, I do like my artsy London Eye, and I adore PLUMdogMillionaire... it is so pretty. Has any of you joined this 10K IG challenge yet?


More Tri Polish Tuesday mani's down below, I'm curious what the other ladies did with these colours, aren't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment