Tuesday 1 April 2014

Tri Polish Tuesday - Distressed pastels


Hi all!

This month's Tri Polish Tuesday colours are pink, yellow and blue and because I love pastels lately I'm starting this month with some pastels.


Polishes from left to right:
  • LynBDesigns - White Fang
  • Catrice - LE Hip Trip - C03 The Salmon Dance
  • Catrice - LE Candy Shock - C04 Vanilla Love
  • NYC - 325 Raindrop
  • W7 - 28 Black


My base is two coats of White Fang, and then I used the Distressed technique with the pastels. I felt it needed some black, it just did not look finished with just the pastels. Just be careful, the brush has to be very "dry" to get just enough of black on your nails. I started on my right hand and I had some bigger blobs of black there which, for me, ruined it a bit.



On my thumb you can see The Salmon Dance a bit better, I was a bit too sparingly with it in hindsight on the other nails.


I haven't had enough of this look yet, it's easy and it looks awesome. Leaves me enough time for other things... a friend gave me a Beta key for EQ Next Landmark (think Minecraft, but prettier)... oh and we went to see Captain America - The Winter Soldier last weekend too! If you're into all the Marvel films, it is awesome! And if you do go to the cinema, stay in your seat to the very very end. Marvel tends to add an extra teaser scene during/after credits (they did twice this time!) hinting at what's to come next.

Curious what others did with these colours? Go check below!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! This looks great with pastels :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was curious to find it if would work and I am very happy with these

      Delete
  2. Lovely! And I love how the black just adds a little bit of oomph to the nail art

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Without the black it was missing something

      Delete
  3. This is so subtle and pretty!

    ReplyDelete