Friday 20 December 2013

Swatch - Essence Beauty Beats collection

Hi all!

Last week I bought the entire Beauty Beats Limited Edition collection by Essence. I skipped it for weeks, because it is "inspired" by a youthful Canadian singer I refuse to mention on this blog. Because his music is not my thing, and he seems to behave like a twat lately. And that is all I will say. Nonetheless... when I saw my local Kruidvat had discounted this LE for only €1 a bottle, I finally caved. Because the polishes are all lovely shimmers and €1 a bottle? No brainer.


From left to right:
  • Essence - Beauty Beats LE - 01 Baby Baby Ooh
  • Essence - Beauty Beats LE - 02 I'm Backstage
  • Essence - Beauty Beats LE - 03 As Long As You Love Me
  • Essence - Beauty Beats LE - 04 Groupie At Heart

I have limited myself to two pictures per polish. All of them show two coats with top coat. First we have Baby Baby Ooh, a deliciously looking purple. I love my purples and this is just divine. The shimmer is very delicate, a mix of magenta and blue, but only if you look very closely.



The second one is I'm Backstage, a cool mint. Like fresh pepperminty goodness it's very wintery cool, but would be lovely in spring as well. My pictures don't show the lovely green shimmer it has unfortunately. It's delicate like snow.



As Long As You Love Me is a beautiful grey, and I captured the shimmer! Whoohoo! It has a combination of silver and gold shimmer that makes this grey seem warm if that makes sense. It's just lovely.



Next up is my picture fail. My camera would *not* photograph this colour accurate at all. I could not get the colour right with colour adjusting the picture either, so I gave up on that. The group bottle shop is slightly better at depicting the correct colour, but it is more pink in real life. It does have a gold and pink shimmer that is lovely and makes this lean on coral. This did have visible nail line after two coats, so I added a third and you can still see it slightly.



I'm a bit torn which one I like best, it's a tie between the first three. I am very glad I decided to grab these after all!

So, what do you think of this collection? Which polish is your favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment