Saturday 28 December 2013

Nail Art Ideas Linkup - December - Festive French Manis


This week's N.A.I.L. theme is Festive French Manis. I am not fond of French Mani's, for some reason I can't get it to work for me. A standard french mani is an absolute no-go. I have a huge blue stain on my ring finger nail. You do not want to see that peeping through. I recently ordered some Vivid Lacquer stamping plates, and I also received a polish (I think it was a Black Friday deal). Since it is sparkly and I had to try it out, I turned it into a french mani of some sort.


From left to right:
  • Vivid Lacquer - Murdered By Pirates Is Good
  • Essence - 147 Miss Universe
  • NYC - 013 Aqua Mystic

Murdered By Pirates Is Good is a gorgeous polish. I love Vivid Lacquer's black cat logo and isn't that name hilarious? Murdered is a grey holographic polish with some extra sparkles. There's a microglitter in there that shifts from blue to turquoise and it is just divine! All pictures are in indirect light, except the last one.



This polish is nearly opaque in 1 coat and dries pretty quickly as well. Photos show 2 coats, with top coat. I added a french tip with Miss Universe, using the brush from the bottle itself. Next I added a line with Aqua Mystic and a small nail art brush. I love the colours, but not the french mani part. It is just not my thing.


Direct Light
And this last picture with direct light to show you how sparkly this is. And sparkly is festive in my book *nods*.

Do check out the other ladies' frenchies!

------------------------------------

2 comments:

  1. I really like these and that Vivid Lacquer polish is gorgeous! Their cat logo is cute too (:

    ReplyDelete