Wednesday 11 December 2013

Misty Mountains

Hi all,

In my last post I showed you Lucky 13 Lacquer's Mist and Shadow, Cloud and Shade which is inspired by The Misty Mountains. The Misty Mountains are an enormous mountain range in Tolkien's Middle Earth. They have snowy peaks and are covered in a mist as the name suggests. After two days of wearing the snowflakes from my previous post I decided to change that mani around. Because Mist and Shadow, Cloud and Shade still looks perfect I did not want to remove it. I did change my mani around. Because the L13L is inspired by The Misty Mountains, I recreated them on one nail.

First the polishes I used for all my nails, except my index finger:


From left to right:
  • Lucky 13 Lacquer - Mist and Shadow, Cloud and Shade
  • L.A. Colors - NP472 Black Pearl
  • Models Own - NP145 Snowflakes

These are the polishes I used for my index finger:


From left to right:
  • Lucky 13 Lacquer - Mist and Shadow, Cloud and Shade
  • Catrice LE NEONaturals - C05 Have A Good Day
  • NYC - 003 Prey of Grey
  • Max - Metal
  • Essence stampy polish - white

On my middle and ring finger I used Black Pearl to cover my previous design. Yes, I did not even remove it, I am lazy sometimes. When that was dry I added one coat of the flaky polish Snowflakes. Snowflakes is very thick and not that easy to apply. It dried quickly and stringy. So fast application is needed. I covered it with HK Girl topcoat.



I do love the look of Snowflakes, it is a blue to turquoise to sea green flaky. I still haven't swatched my other Models Own flakies yet... bad bad me. I should soon. Next is a close-up of the Misty Mountains I painted!


On my index finger I started out with the base of Mist and Shadow, Cloud and Shade. With my smalles nail art brush I painted 3 peaks. Have A Good Day as base, then I added shading with Prey of Grey and Metal. I used the white stampy polish to add the snow on the peaks. I diluted a drop of the white polish with a clear polish and added strands of mist all around and above the mountains. I sealed it all in with my HK Girl topcoat.


I am very pleased with how my Misty Mountains turned out. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome!! Your mountains look great and those flakies are cool! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The mountains turned out better than I'd hoped

      Delete