Saturday 19 October 2013

Comparison - NYC Raindrop vs. Blue.Lita

I am currently in London, so this post was scheduled beforehand.

A while ago I was in a store where besides the normal display of NYC polishes they also had an additional cardboard one on the floor. This additional display carried other colours than the normal display. It had a different light blue as well: Blue.Lita. I had already bought Raindrop and they seemed very similar. It took me a few weeks to decide, but in the end I also bought Blue.Lita. I decided to do a comparison post for you. I have used Raindrop as a base of my 33DC Chevron mani.

From left to right:
  • NYC - 325 Raindrop
  • NYC - 038 Blue.Lita

Formulawise they are the same, nice cremes, opaque in two coats. The bottle shot doesn't show the colour difference that well. It is clearer on the nail. I have the feeling the NYC polishes last longer without chipping on me than Catrice or Essence, which is a good thing.


I am wearing Raindrop on my index and ring finger, Blue.Lita on my middle finger and pinky. You can click the pictures to make them bigger. Raindrop is a colder blue if that makes sense, Blue.Lita is warmer.



And some pictures of each colour on it's own as well:





You might not need both blues... or do you? I decided I do *chuckles*. Blue.Lita matches my phone's owl cover perfectly, which happens to be my inspiration for next Friday's prompt. I also used it for upcoming Monday's Chinese one, just less visible. A lot of blue lately... hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment