Monday 7 October 2013

33DC2013 Day 7 - Oldest untried


Oldest untried... this was a difficult one to be honest. I have a few old polishes, dating back from when I was a teen, they are all sheer and dull. I have no clue if I ever wore them or if they just came with me when I moved out of my mum's house eons ago. The polish I think is oldest appears to be a pearly white sheer polish in the bottle... I was so mistaken. It is sheerer than sheer. I wrecked my brain thinking how to use this. I have a bad blue stain on my ring finger from my Studded Mermaid & Snow Angels mani, I could not use this on it's own and have that nasty stain show through.


The polish has a most interesting shimmer though. I ended up with doing a stampwich, not that I'm completely happy with it. See how I try to be optimistic, I really dislike this mani to be honest *chuckles*.


I at first wanted to do some sort of french with stamped tips, using Gals GA49 plate. I misaligned and did not feel like redoing the whole thing, so changed it somewhat. I did random stamping with black and white using the top two images of the plate. I do like those art deco images, I wish they were full images though instead of tips.



To me it looks messy and I consider it a fail. The polish just did not inspire me, so this will have to do. The following two pictures are taken with flash to show the shimmer better.





Let's forget about this quickly, wednesday will be Chevron day! That mani is much better *winks*

2 comments:

  1. I just nominated you for the Liebster award. :)
    http://nemonails.blogspot.co.il/2013/10/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for nominating me, it's my second Liebster Award *winks*

      Delete