Thursday 5 September 2013

Pink flowers

Last week I saw this manicure from Meghan at Will Paint Nails for Food which inspired today's manicure. I liked how she did the flowers free handed with several colours overlapping. My manicure is not a copy, as I decided to just do the outlines of the flower petals.


The polishes I used from left to right:
  • Essence - 106 free hugs
  • Miss Helen - 125
  • Catrice - 790/27 The Pinky And The Brain
  • Catrice - 550 Marilyn & Me
  • Rimmel - 800 Black Out


I started with a base of Essence's free hugs. This is a lovely pink and covers in 2 coats. Next I used a very thin nail art brush and free handed the flower petals. I started with an outline in red and when this was dry I did it again with The Pinky And The Brain. This second time I didn't try to be exact, it is supposed to look like a sketch. When this was dry I did the same with Black Out.




I dotted the center of the flower with Black Out and a dotting tool. I dotted again with Marilyn & Me on top of the black dots. Marilyn & Me has lovely shimmers that are barely visible. It's just a tiny little extra.



I'm very happy how this came out, although I have to say I'm better with sketching flowers onto my left hand being right handed. I did do the exact same on my right hand, but the flowers had stranger looking petals *winks*. I like the sketchiness of these flowers, it does look great. One of my friends did not believe these weren't nail stickers. Yay! Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment