Saturday 21 September 2013

Lovesome hearts

Yesterday I showed you P2 Lovesome, a splendid polish on it's own. I had to mess it up. I thought it would be nice adding hearts to it... seeing the polish is called Lovesome. As I told you yesterday, I wish I hadn't.


The polishes I used:
  • P2 Sand Style - 020 Lovesome
  • P2 Sand Style - 030 Seductive
  • P2 Sand Style - 010 Adorable

I also used a nail art brush, a rather broad flat one.



With the nail art brush I dabbed hearts on my nails. My ring and middle finger got hearts with Seductive and shading with Adorable. Seductive is a purple textured polish with fuchsia and gold glitter. Adorable is soft pink with silver glitter, I featured it in a blog post here. My pinky and index finger got a heart of Adorable shaded with Seductive.




I wasn't that happy with the result, perhaps because Lovesome is too dark of a base for the hearts to stand out properly. It just does not work for me. On my right hand I decided to go with a simple gradient instead of the hearts. I dabbed some Seductive on my ring finger and thumb with a make up sponge. On my middle finger I did the same with Adorable. Adorable is different having silver glitter and larger hexagons. I like the combination of Lovesome with Seductive better.



There you have it, not all nail art experiments are successful, but you learn and move on *winks*. Monday the 33 Day Nail Art challenge starts. I've already started doing some manicures for it. Posts will go up on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays for the 33DC. I'm not sure how much time I'll have for other posts during the next few months, but I'll try and squeeze some other posts in between them when I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment