Saturday 21 September 2013

Liebster Award - Yay!

Hi all,

Another post today! I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Divya from Nail Art by Divya! My first award, yay! *does a happy dance*


The basic purpose of the award is to help upcoming and new blogs to get recognition and for that you n
eed to be nominated by some other blogger (like Divya nominated me). Once nominated, The rules to be followed are:

  1. You must link back to the blogger who nominated you.
  2. Answer the 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you.
  3. Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
  4. Go to the blogs you nominated and notify them of your nomination.
  5. Give your nominees 11 questions to answer.

The questions Divya gave me are:

1. What made you start blogging?
The fact that I saw blogs around that made me think I was just as good or better *winks*. And I wanted to preserve my manicures and have a place to write down specifics so I don't have to remember everything!

2. What's your favourite nail treatment?
Glisten & Glow's Glis-tics Cuticle Oil, scented. It was a gift when I ordered my top coats at Mei Mei's Signatures. I love the roller ball! And the scent is very summery, I would not have picked it myself, but it is lovely nonetheless.

3. What's your favourite nail polish brand?
Catrice. It's easily available, nice range of colours with the occasional Limited Editions and not too expensive!

4. What/ who inspired to do nail art?
I blame my co-worker Mandy, she used stamping in a manicure one day and I curiously asked her about it. That started my search for nail art and ended up in this blog. Mandy was my first follower as well *smiles*

5. What do you want to do in future?
Improve in my manicures and especially in freehanding.

6. What is your favourite top coat and base coat?
I haven't used that many different base coats so far. I'm using Essence 24/7 nail base at the moment. My favourite top coat is Glisten & Glow HK Girl Top Coat.

7. What will you like to tell those who are new to this blogging world or who are going to start a blog.
Just do it.

8. What's your favourite color?
Purple! Oddly I own more green polishes... *chuckles*

9. Which nail art technique you find the easiest and toughest?
I haven't tried them all yet, I am dreading to try water marbling for example, easiest is Saran Wrap. I haven't done any nail art technique that is very tough, some are very time consuming though. If I had to choose probably freehanding fine patterns. I definitely need more practise there.

10. Which is your favourite TV show?
Doctor Who (though I love my Star Trek as well!)

11. Which country will you like to visit?
New Zealand



The 11 blogs I am nominating for the Liebster Award are:

Iceland:

The Philippines:
The Nailinator by Rachael

The Netherlands:
Nailart Addict by Viviana

Norway:

Italy:

Sweden:
Seize The Nail by Bella

South Africa:
Madness Nails by Thea

Passion For Polish by Jelly Bean


Ordinary Misfit by Michelle

Pink & Purple Dots by Lynette

My 11 questions for the nominees are:
  1. What's your favourite nail art technique and why?
  2. How many nail polishes do you own (excluding base/top coats)? An estimation is ok.
  3. Which polishes would take with you on holiday, maximum of 5?
  4. Have you ever bribed a family member into letting you do their nails?
  5. What is your favourite nail polish finish (creme, shimmer, etc)?
  6. If money was no object, which nail polish or nail polish collection would you buy immediately?
  7. How many blogs are you following yourself?
  8. What's your favourite book genre?
  9. How do you keep your nail polishes? In a drawer, on the wall, on your desk?
  10. What is the best tip you've learnt from reading blogs?
  11. Which manicure are you most proud of until now?
Thanks again Divya at Nail Art by Divya for nominating me! Do visit the blogs I have nominated and show them some love!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the nomination :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the nomination hun ! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the nomination! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the Nomination, sorry it has taken so long to respond. I will be working on this today and post it tonight xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the nomination lady! Really appreciate it immensely!

    ReplyDelete