Wednesday 3 July 2013

The beginning...

Until recently I would never have imagined I would start a blog. Yet here I am. Still unsure where I want this to go though. I have no grand schemes or big dreams. I would just like to share my addiction to nail polish and have a place to archive my own creations.

I have a nail polish addiction... and it is just a little seedling. I am sure it will grow into a sapling and perhaps even into a big tree. And that's inspiration right there *makes a note to try a tree life cycle nail art*. There are so many things I would like to try, and I will, it may not come out perfect, but I will share it anyway.

The first is something I did a week or so ago. Inspiration came from 2 things: a t-shirt I own and this tutorial by Mr. Candiipants.


The polishes I used are:

  • Catrice - Candy Shock LE C02 Play It Blue (background)
  • Pink, purple and green neons from Action (they came in a set of 6, no names or numbers)
  • Essence - Better than gel nails top sealer fast dry
Tools used:
  • Needle
I was pretty happy with the result, considering it was very warm weather when I did them. The nail polish dried quickly, making the needle dragging slightly more difficult.

The t-shirt that inspired me has a fun print of jellyfish in neon green, purple and pink. I have had this t-shirt since 2009 I believe, bought during a trip to the United States. I have a love for everything that grows... and jellyfish are just gorgeous creatures.

Love, Brethil

No comments:

Post a Comment