Wednesday 24 July 2013

Orange Leopard

I am currently in Berlin, so this post was scheduled beforehand. 

One of the easiest nail art techniques is a leopard pattern. It is rather simple to do and looks nice. The colour possibilities are also endless. I've done pastel leopard nails once, and as an accent nail in purple as well. Today my base are the orange polishes I showed you last time. I used a few polishes and a dotting tool.


From left to right:
  • Catrice - 04 Orange-Utan
  • Catrice - 690/19 Fred Said Red
  • Rimmel 60 Seconds - 800 Black Out
  • Dotting tool
First you paint your nails in the colour of your choice, I alternated between the two oranges.


Next I used my dotting tool to apply dots on my nails. Don't worry if the dots are not perfect circles, in fact, it is better if they aren't! You can use the end of a needle, or a toothpick if you do not have any dotting tools. You can buy a set of 5 dotting tools on eBay for €1,15/£0,99 (no shipping costs) though.


I decided to go for a full leopard on my thumb and ring finger and a french manicure leopard on the tips of my other fingers. On the nails I had Orange-Utan as a base, I made spots with Fred Said Red and vice versa.



Next I used my dotting tools and black polish to make outlines around the dots. Anywhere I felt was a bit empty I just added a small black spot. Once everything was dry I added my HK Girl top coat.




The good thing about a leopard design is that it does not matter much how the spots look like. They don't have the be alike at all. It looks difficult, but it really is not. I also like the french mani nails like this, it is different, but fun. It would probably look more like a proper french mani if the spots were smaller or my nails longer, but who cares?

No comments:

Post a Comment