Thursday 18 July 2013

Nude & Rude versus My Café Au Lait At Nôtre-Dame

I am currently in Berlin, so this post was scheduled beforehand.

Don't you love discounted nail polish? I sure do! Most Kruidvat have the tendency to put old Catrice polishes in a sale for €1 each. I bought a lot of old collection polishes that way, including one of the nudes I am showing you today. And I recently picked up the Hip Trip nude for €1 as well, just after the Glamazona LE got into stores.



From left to right:
  • Catrice Hip Trip LE - C05 Nude & Rude
  • Catrice - 030/06 My Café Au Lait At Nôtre-Dame
The Café Au Lait nude is a polish that is in the old collection that was numbered with a 3 digit number and it is in the current collection with a 2 digit number. This nude will be discontinued in September together with a few other polishes and other Catrice products. For the full list go here.

First let's start with Nude & Rude, the lightest nude of the two.


I used 3 coats in all the pictures and Essence Better Than Gel Nails top sealer fast dry.



It is a very pale nude that I would not wear alone myself, but it does make a good base for nail art. I wouldn't wear any nude on it's own though, too boring for me. I'm not a very extravert person, but I do like my nails to stand out *winks*.


Next is My Café Au Lait At Nôtre-Dame, the darker nude.


Again I am wearing 3 coats, there is still a bit of visible nail line. If you use this as a base for nail art, that won't matter much. It does not bother me much at all.



This nude is much warmer and darker, and it is nearly a perfect match for my skintone. I have worn this with a feather pattern stamped in black. It was a cute manicure.


I like both of these nudes, but I don't think I would need more than these two. Catrice has 6 different nudes at the moment, some very pearly white. I'm not inclined to get them all, but the other nudes might suit someone else better. As I mentioned I think a nude is a good base for nail art, especially combined with black. I will show you something I did with Nude & Rude in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment