Saturday 20 July 2013

Nude & Rude meets black

I am currently in Berlin, so this post was scheduled beforehand.

As promised, here is some nail art using Nude & Rude as a base! I decided to go for mix of different nails, just to show you some possibilities. First the main polishes I used:
 

From left to right:
  • Catrice - Hip Trip C05 Nude & Rude
  • Glisten&Glow H K Girl top coat
  • Rimmel 60 seconds - 800 Black Out
  • Essence nail art stampy polish - 002 stamp me! black
I also used some other tools:

  • Velvet powder black
  • Striping tape
  • Square nail studs 3 mm


And I used my Gals Princess Set plate GA15 as well.

I started out with a base of Nude & Rude, 3 coats with top coat. It is essential that this is dry before you stamp over it or use striping tape. Mine dried overnight. Apply striping tape in the pattern you want. I decided to go with simple this time.


You have to make sure the tape is stuck to your nails, especially on the edges. I normally run a nail along it to press it down. When you cross your striping tape, be sure to remember which one you applied first. You have to remove the piece of tape you applied last first. Apply polish to the area you want covered in another colour. Remove the tape while the polish is still wet!
On my pinky I decided to use the velvet powder. I simply used tweezers to press it on the wet nailpolish. Once that had dried you can brush the excess of fluff off with a brush.
I used my HK Girl top coat before applying the studs. It is easiest to place studs when you pick them up with tweezers and place them in the wet top coat.


Of course I did not add top coat on my pinky.


On my ring finger I stamped with the black Rimmel polish, on my index finger I used the Essence stampy polish. You can clearly see a difference between them. The Essence stampy one is much blacker.


I liked this look, although I also could have done a black tipped French manicure on the stamped fingers and a single stud. I think that would have looked nice as well.



I really like using striping tape and studs. I got those cheaply on eBay for only a few euros. The studs I got came in a small bag with 1000 pieces, I had to hold myself in not to get all the different shapes available. You can get striping tape in different quantities. I got a set of 30 different ones myself. I have not used them as an accent yet, just as a tool for creating shapes like I did in this manicure.

No comments:

Post a Comment